Sakura no Zenya (English)

Papa and mama, thank you and sorry.
I don’t want to stay in this house a second longer.
I hid the scars on my body with a coat
and ran out along into the street at night.

You probably don’t remember anymore
the promise we made when we parted.
“When I become an adult, I’ll come save you,
so wait at that place the night before the cherry blossoms bloom.”

The empty street is like just myself going there.
I clinged onto this kind of small promise.

Tomorrow will come. It was just scary that I cried.
“I’m right here.” Your smile comes to mind.
This street, that house, perhaps everything hurt me.
I’ll tell you tonight’s parting, when I’m with you.

Inside the forest at the edge of the street was the promised place,
where we often played under “God’s Tree.”
Once I ran into a tree branch and cut my cheek.
But if I compare it to now, it didn’t hurt at all.

Alone with shivering legs, I was torn by the dark forest’s fangs mercilessly.
Even if I go back from here, what will remain of me?

I was scared, I ran away, I kept that laughing voice inside of me.
Just once more I want to take back this hand.
It’s almost there, I struggle on, it’s almost over.
Beneath the moonlight I can see the tree of that promise.

The stars were shining. The moon was beautiful.
The cherry blossoms were blooming. You weren’t there.

It’s okay, I knew from the start that I couldn’t go anywhere.
It’s like this once I become an adult, right?
This street, that house hurt me, but was a bit warm.
I’m fine. Please be happy as you are.
I can live on with that smile from that memory.

When I opened the door, a dull sound rang out.
My beating papa and screaming mama.
“When I become an adult, I’ll come save you.”
That beloved smile takes up my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment